Wednesday, November 21, 2012

5 books I will read over and over to my children

We read a lot in our house and my children have TONS of books. Many books I have memorized. Many books I wish we didn't own. There are a handful of books that I truly do not mind reading to my kids over and over though. I grabbed 5 of my favorite and wanted to share them with you!






The Very Hungry Caterpillar is great because it teaches kids about food, counting and the transition from caterpillar to butterfly.












I bought this book for Liam last year for Christmas and it has been a hit! It borrows ideas from street, music and skate subcultures with things like G is for Graffiti and Q is for quarter pipe. The pictures are fun and H is for hot rod beats the hell out of H is for hippo in this house!








We've had this book since Teagan was a baby. It counts down kisses needed for a sleepy, crying baby by various family members. It also teaches kids about body parts as the kisses are delivered on chubby, yummy knees and teeny, tiny toes. This book has a special place in my heart as I read it to Liam a lot when he was in the NICU. We've come a long way since then, but this book never gets old.







Eric Carle is always welcome in our house. This book tells the life story of a seed throughout the seasons. It demonstrates what may happen in the process of becoming a flower - some are eaten by mice, some are frozen and can never grow, some flowers are overpowered by weeds and some are picked. Of course, there's the underlying lesson that even the tiniest of seeds can become something big and great. True to Eric Carle fashion, it's full of nature and color.










I'm not a huge Dr. Seuss fan, but I love this classic. One boy's imagination runs wild as he thinks of what to tell his father about the things he saw on the way home from school. It's a fun book with simple illustrations.







What are your favorite children's books?

No comments:

Post a Comment